[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: Ccs Project Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Fechner

Hi David, sorry for your bad experience! The next couple of days a good number of the CCS steering committee will meet in Prague for the EMEA PUG Challenge. I’m sure we’ll discusss this. We’ve been trying to find volunteers to help maintaining the CCS web site. Looks like there’s some urgency. Cheers, Mike Von: David Abdala [mailto:bounce-dabdala@community.progress.com] Gesendet: Di enstag, 14. November 2017 11:43 An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com Betreff: [Technical Users - OE General] CCS project documentation Update from Progress Community David Abdala Hello, I try to send this to ccs-submissions@progress.com but all I get is a "bounce" email. All I wanted is to let people know, in the CCS project, of some problems I've found, in the process of making a CCS compliant font-end to NSRA framework. This problems has to do with the project documentation, that is repetitive, and misleading, for someone that has no previous contact with the project. This page: http://progress.github.io/CCS/ is full of bad links to 404 errors. Also I found there is a lot of different CCS "entry" points that leads nowhere and GitHub seems to be the only place to get to the actual specifications, but that is not stated anywhere. It took me a couple of days to discover whether I have to become a member of the CCS project to do what I want, or not. Bottom line: I think someone should review all the documents about CCS around, and make a better explained "entry point" to the project, and the project content. I'm sure that everyone already involved in the project founds everything, but it should be easy for people not involved in the project to found it. For someone that is looking into it just now, it still seems to be a starting project, and not something that already has deliverables and a working community. You can realize it is a running project only by digging into GitHub. Thanks. David. View online You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum. To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here . Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.