[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Incremental Online Backup much smaller after upgrading to 11.7.2 from 10.2b

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bernhardkraml

I'm a little bit unsure about the quality of my backup on the new system. I think I read time ago about a Problem with some Counter in the incremental mechanism causing a backup with not all changed blocks in the database? I'm not sure, but on the old system (10.2b) my online incremental backup with -io 5 and -com was always around 3 GByte. Now the Incremental Backup is only around 160 MByte Tha database has an size of ~140 GByte Migration was done with backup (10.2b) on the old system on the new system prostruct and prorest with 10.2b utilities (I installed the 10.2b version) then with 11.7.2 utilities: Proutil conv1011. Who has ideas about the cause for this size-reduction? I just did a restore with the full-backup from last weekend and the incremental from yesterday : there was no error message. By the way, also the full backup has an restored size 78 Gig on 10.2b 70 Gig on the new one?? -bernhard

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.