[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Change Email For Manual Response...

• Thread starter peter.oxheden@exicom.se
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter.oxheden@exicom.se

Hi! I'm fairly new to BPM and I've run into a problem I don't know how to solve. I'm building a process involving several hundred people loosely connected to a company. Simply put there's a task each of these should do each month, involving a number of steps. We'd like to start a process for each of these (by a generic user in the portal, not by the people involved). They'll be sent information and do some things and then the system will do some thing and then they'll do some other things and then they're done for the month. For at least one workstep we'd like to wait for a manual response, that is: check the "Send email to performer and complete if answered" on Activation. But as far as I've been able to tell, you can only do that if the performer is a registered user. Is that really the case or can you specify the email address used for this step somehow? As we'd like to run this process with a considerable number of users we have no interest in adding them all to our BPM database as users (and new people might be added at any time). All I want to do is send them and email and wait for them to reply. There will never be any need for them to log into the portal, they don't need any type of permissions or password or anything else: I only need an email, which we have in a dataslot. Also, if we absolutely must add them as actual users it must be done "on the fly" and it seems absolutely pointless to have to do all that when all I want is to send them an email and wait for the response. :) Oh, and just to be clear: I don't just want to send just an email. I know how to change email address from a dataslot when I do that. It is just the "wait for a reply" I want. Help?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.