Progress AppServer license add?

Kopperton

How do you add Progress AppServer licenses? I have user limit 30 for Progress AppServer and 80 licenses for Enterprise DB. I get users to receive errors "Too many users logged in".

I get prowin32.exe processes are nearly 27 processes. SX.enterprise,
Where do you buy licenses for AppServer , at what price, and how do you add them?

I need to buy 5-10 licenses.

Thanks

---
added picture into post

Attachments

• logged.jpg
    logged.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 17

jongpau

Generally licenses are available through your ProgressVAR/developer/thecompany you obtained the original licenses from. Whenin doubt you canalways contact Progress in your country/region(contact information isavailable on the Progress website).

If you are using Progress on Windows, there should be a "License Update" icon in your Progress program group.

Kopperton

Thank you jongpau. Unfortunately Progress Appserver resides in an UNIX box. I must contact the reseller to buy a license for AppServer and not directly Progress for this simple matter?

That is what I am trying to find out how to add these licenses in UNIX box.
Thanks again.

jongpau

The buying of licenses probably depends on what country you are in andwhat Progress has agreed with its vars in that country. Why not justgive the Progress office in your country a call to find out?

As to the actual upgrade of the licenses; I hope someone else can helpyou with that; I am currently not near any of our UNIX boxes (about16000 kms away from them) so I cannot check that for you.

Kopperton

I am in USA.

Product Name: Progress AppServer
Installation Date: ----
User Limit: 30 --- need to add 10-20 more licenses
Expiration Date: ----
Serial Number: ----
Control Numbers: ----
Version Number: 9.1D
Machine Class: ----
Port Number: 12

Product Name: Enterprise DB
Installation Date: ----
User Limit: 80 --- I think are enough
Expiration Date: ----
Serial Number: ----
Control Numbers: ----
Version Number: 9.1D
Machine Class: ----
Port Number: 12

Kopperton

is a good price?

Called a reseller company for Progress. He said he can give me a license number for 10 people but 10 license pack cost 3700 US dollars.

How to add this license via SX.enterprise or UNIX itself without making someone coming down to our location entering license and charge us for that simple operation?

thank you