Progress 7 ODBC (Openlink) driver for Windows 7 (64 Bit)

jgerrits

I own both openlink 1.15, and 1.5. We have been using them to connect to our business system for years now. The installer for the 32 bit version is a 16 bit installer, so I cannot get it installed into Win7(64).

Is there is a solution out there? Thanks in advance.

RealHeavyDude

I don't think there will be a workaround other than the provider of the ODBC driver (openlink) will proivde you a version that you can install on Windows 7 - but I doubt they will.

Progess 7 is a technology from the beginning of the 1990s - nearly 20 years old - it was designed to run on Windows 3.1. IIRC, Windows 3.1 was 16 Bits.

Regards, RealHeavyDude.

OpenLink

jgerrits --

OpenLink Software does indeed have solutions which may serve your needs. Specific details require knowledge of more of your installation than you have described here.

Please visit our main Support Site, register as a new user (if not already registered), and open a case. Provide as much detail of your existing installation as possible, including your desired client application(s) and other uses of an ODBC (or JDBC, OLE-DB, or ADO.NET) connection to the Progress 7 instance(s); we will provide instructions to gather such additional detail as may be required.

We can then outline solutions which should serve your needs now and going forward.

Best regards,

Ted
OpenLink Support