Problem with Tab-Order in ADM2

sidero

Hello everyone,

I have a problem regarding the TAB-ORDER of "normal" Widgets and ADM2 widgets. I have a SmartObject which works basically like the SmartSelect (it is called SmartTableFrame). It is in a Frame and contains 2 Fill-In widgets, of which the first is enabled.

These fields are in a Window, and they are mixed with "normal" FILL-IN Widgets. The Tab Order of the Window is correctly set, however if the window is executed, the TAB-Order is wrong (It should be:
- SmartTableFrame #1, FILL-IN, SmartTableFrame #2, SmartTableFrame #3, TOGGLE-BOX, BUTTON #1. BUTTON #2

but it is:
- SmartTableFrame #1, SmartTableFrame #2, SmartTableFrame #3, FILL-IN, TOGGLE-BOX, BUTTON #1, BUTTON #2

Has anyone a solution to this problem (besides programming Triggers for TAB and BACK-TAB for each Widget and each of the SmartTableFrames)?

Thanks in Advance
Andreas Helm
Sidero EDV GmbH

The TAB order that you are getting is probably the default. If you want to change the TAB order, you don't need to use triggers - there's a facility in AppBuilder to do it for you.

Click on the container frame (the frame on thw window) to select it. Then select Edit->Tab Order from the AppBuilder menu.

In the list you'll see ADM objects as well as widgets, and so you should be able to set the TAB order to whatever is required.

sidero

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your answer. I already changed the TAB order of the frame, but somehow Progress just does not make it completely correct. The behaviour now (as described in my previous post) is different from the default behaviour, but not the desired one.

best regards

Andreas Helm
--
Sidero EDV GmbH
Krottenseestrasse 45
A-4810 Gmunden
Austria

Dan Dragut

Hi,

Verify if you don't have an ENABLE statement that changes the tab order (see the Notes in Progress Help for "ENABLE statement") or use ENABLE ... WITH FRAME {&frame-name} KEEP-TAB-ORDER (frame phrase) instead.

I hope it helps,
Dan

sidero

Solution found

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your answer, that lead me to the correct solution. Here it is for anyone: a call to the method adjustTabOrder does the trick. I call it in initializeObject, and it works just fine. I suppose, it should be called per default by Progress in adm-create-objects to get correct TAB-ORDER, but somehow this does not happen, maybe a bug in 9.1C?

Anyway, thanks everyone for answering
Andreas Helm

--
Sidero EDV GmbH
Krottenseestrasse 45
A-4810 Gmunden
Austria