problem with multiple power bi connections causing error broker

Eduardogil1801

Good afternoon, I have some BI that connect via odbc, but when I update online, it gives a broker error, when I check the connections in the database it is showing that the power bi uses more than 13 progress licenses, and the company has a license limit could someone help me? first time working with this database

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Examples of information that would likely be helpful for people who want to help you with your issue:
  • What release of Progress OpenEdge are you using?
  • What operating system is in installed in?
  • How is your SQL broker configured?
  • How is your primary broker configured?
  • Are there any other login brokers on this database?
  • "when I update online": what does this mean exactly?
  • "it gives a broker error": what exactly is the error message/number? Provide the full text or a screenshot.

Eduardogil1801

• What release of Progress OpenEdge are you using? 12.1.2307
  • What operating system is in installed in? I would not know how to answer because the database is in the contracted company's cloud
  • about the broker's questions I can't answer either because all the configuration was done by the company responsible for the database and the ERP system
the error message that happens when running power bi online update:
Erro na origem de dados: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Broker rejects connection.\r\nERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Broker rejects connection."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Odbc"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"dsn=dbprod_sql_ems2mov"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.OdbcErrors","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"SQLState\", \"NativeError\", \"Message\"}, {})"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Pedidos.
URI de Cluster: WABI-BRAZIL-SOUTH-redirect.analysis.windows.net
ID de atividade: 1ea922c4-a4ca-4dd6-ae51-15410d97bc6c
ID do Pedido: dcfab8c5-13cd-480c-833e-a643b4f8af7d
Hora: 2023-08-02 10:16:44Z

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I would not know how to answer because the database is in the contracted company's cloud

It seems like the contracted company ought to be able to solve your problem pretty quickly and easily. Why aren’t you working with them?