Problem with ajax call, Webspeed and name value pairs

sozk

I'm new to ajax and am looking at converting my webspeed applicaton to using it. However there is one issue i'm having which I just can't resolve.

Progress.9.1d, webspeed3.1

When I'm trying to load one of my webspeed programs into a specific div of another screen, I have some hidden name-value pairs which i need to pass to the new program for validation from the first.

If i use a button on the original screen which when clicked will load the 2nd program into the first program's div, all the values for the name-value pairs get passed along to the 2nd program and i can access the values in the 2nd program without any issues.

However when I use some inline javascript to make the call for the 2nd program to load on the fly, none of the values of the name value pairs get loaded into the 2nd program. I've set these values by using the set-user-field functions and also even have them defined as hidden <inputs> but nothing works.

I need to be able to dynamically load these screens with their hidden values, but the only way i can figure out how to do this right now, is to have it done through putting a button on each page and then using javascript to push it's click event and then hide it immediately.

There has got to be a better way! if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them!

Thanks in advance!

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
It's probably something to do with the order in which events are firing. Can't help more than that but it's somewhere to look IMO.