Printer UNC

GirlNet

I'm fairly new to Progress - but have lot of programming experience in other languages. Some of our custom code references a printer unc path (to be utilized by BottomLine) on output. I can't find any reference to it in the code itself. I only see the unc path when I print to file.

I'm trying to duplicate this. Can anyone help with my confusion?;p

If you cant see the reference then how do you know its unc name? send in the screen shot to explain your question better.

GirlNet

At the top of the output *.prn is this \\mfgpro-edi\acctrico which BottomLine (Optio) uses to know which printer to use for the actual printed document. Also, I don't see the unc path when I output to page - only in the *.prn document.

I've talked to Optio about it and they seem to think it's a QAD thing. I talk to QAD about it and they think it's an Optio thing. I'm thinking maybe it's a custom code thing.

It not on every document, just some - and it does seem to only appear when there's custom code involved. So . . . where does it come from? I can't find any reference to it in the code. Is there a include file that may reference it?

I was just hoping someone here may have a clue for me. Any light on this would be greatly appreciated!

GirlNet

Maybe I should add that I also checked the include files I saw referenced in the custom code and I didn't see anything that would given me a clue. This is a real mystery for me. . .

When you say top of the OUTPUT, what does it refer to? where do you see it?

Optio uses files generated from MFG/PRO (*.prn) in your case its a unc path. Then optio redirects it to the assigned printer after formatting it.

This line is in PROGRESS program? or OPTIO setup. If this is in PROGRESS , It cant be just this there has to be OUTPUT statement as well.

GirlNet

That's the thing - I can't find the output statement. I get the unc path (above) - I can't find what generates it. If you were going to insert the unc path in your output, how would you do it?

GirlNet

I would appreciate it so much! This is an example document where the unc path will display. It only happens when you output to printer though. I usually pause the printer and grab the .prn file out of the spool dir. Output to page will not display it. I just can't figure it out! It must be in a printer include file? :eek:

It's not my code so I don't want to display it. What would be the best way for you to view it?

Doc not attached. Its optio for certain, if your .prn doesnt have it.
Send the .prn & output from printer & they have to fix, BTW Optio is being killed by thier current owners dont know where you will land..
send me the .prn as well.

GirlNet

Yes, I pulled the document as it's not my code. It's from a consultant company and I'm not sure what kind of trouble I can get into with displaying it publicly.

Is there a way for you to view it only? Can I email it to you?

I CAN view it on the *.prn. It is not displayed on the "page" output though.

I'm dreaming of solutions in my sleep with this one.:D It would help me in soooooo many ways.