Preview Word/Excel documents in a progress window

netfreaky

Hi,

for a basic document management system in OpenEdge 10.1B, I want to display a preview of some file types in a progress window.
I could do this for images using the progress "picture"-object and for PDF documents using "AcroPDF.dll" as an ocx.
I didn't find yet how to preview Word and Excel documents (Office 2003 is installed on the Windows 2003 servers), preferably as read-only (the microsoft word viewer and microsoft excel viewer are exe's; the dll files couldn't be loaded as ocx or in the COM-viewer).

Is there anyone that could give me a suggestion how to realise this?

Thanks in advance!

lord_icon

Greetings,
Use this activeX
Here is some working syntax for you.

DO WITH FRAME {&FRAME-NAME}:
chchDoc:EOfficeControl:Open (cPath,,,,).
END. /* frame */

lord_icon

The "trial" version I gave is usable.
The only limitations are the dialog box, but it is OPERATIONAL.
If you require the full version, then my friend you will have to PAY for the control. I`ll leave it with you to decide.

netfreaky

Indeed, you've put me in the right direction!
It's an easy to implement ocx. The trial version is already implemented into a demo version, I'll let the boss decide ;)

rcgomez11

hi netfreaky, can you help me do what you have done, previewing ms documents inside progress window? I dont know where to start, I already downloaded the attachment above and trying to add that ocx to object palette but I'm getting an error saying 'Registration of control failed. Please make another selection.'. These are the details of my workstation, Windows 7 32 bit, Progress OpenEdge 10.1C, licenses are client networking, oe studio and oe workgroup rdbms. Hope to hear from you soon.