Please Help - error in procedure

Richhsp

Hi All,

I hope someone might be able to help me with a problem running a procedure in our progress app, as sending me insane.

Our application runs in windows with the progress database on a linux server. i am calling a procedure from within my application which errors with "4GL Stop Condition: The server application returned an error 7243, 7241"

When i check my log file i see the following:

[06/04/06@10:15:53.494+0100] P-014984 T-000000 2 AS AS -- TRACE: PERSISTENT Procedure 'bo/DynamicQuery.p' START. (5497)
[06/04/06@10:15:53.511+0100] P-014984 T-000000 3 AS AS -- TRACE: PERSISTENT Procedure END SUCCESS. (8396)
[06/04/06@10:15:53.559+0100] P-014984 T-000000 2 AS AS -- TRACE: Internal Procedure 'ExecuteDashBoardQuery'
(in 'bo/DynamicQuery.p') START. (5499)
[06/04/06@10:16:00.685+0100] P-014984 T-000000 1 AS -- (Procedure: 'getQueryData1 bo/DynamicQuery.p' Line:29704) ** "/data/epicor/mfgwrk80/baq345122425.r" was not found. (293)

The procedure runs but seems to stop when it can not find the required file. On checking this it looks as if the mfgwrk80 folder is not being found or written to.

In my .pf file i have the following:

-db /data/epicor/mfgsys80/db/mfgsys -T /data/epicor/mfgwrk80
-Mm 1024 -mmax 4000 -Bt 200 -s 200 -yy 1970 -stsh 31 -inp 32000 -tok 4000

As far as i can see things look ok and i can not see why my procedure fails. If anybody has experienced something like this or can suggest somthing for me to try i would be very thankful.

Regards

Richhsp

Richhsp said:

[06/04/06@10:16:00.685+0100] P-014984 T-000000 1 AS -- (Procedure: 'getQueryData1 bo/DynamicQuery.p' Line:29704) ** "/data/epicor/mfgwrk80/baq345122425.r" was not found. (293)

The procedure runs but seems to stop when it can not find the required file. On checking this it looks as if the mfgwrk80 folder is not being found or written to.
Make sure the file ('baq345122425.r') exists, and that the parent directory of '/data/epicor/mfgwrk80/baq345122425.r' (ie. the parent of '/data') is in your PROPATH.

Richhsp

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the responce.

The .r does not exists, infact there is nothing in the folder at all. When i run this on a standalone windows system the folder is in constant use, but not when i run on my network.

my propath in my .ini file is as follows, i've tried to put everthing in it:

E:\mfgsys80\Clientserver,E:\mfgsys80\Server,E:\MfgSysData,E:\mfgwrk80,E:\OpenEdge\gui,E:\OpenEdge,E:\OpenEdge\bin,/data/eprior/mfgwrk80,/data/,/data/epicor/mfgsys80/db/mfgsys,//uranus/epicor/mfgwrk80

On my appservers in the propath section i have:

/data/epicor/mfgsys80/Server:/data/epicor/MfgSysData:/data/epicor/mfgwrk80:${PROPATH}:${WRKDIR}

Regards

Richhsp

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question.

As far as I can see, Progress is behaving correctly. It cannot find the .r in its PROPATH, so is bugging out. This is expected, unless you trap the error around the RUN statement.

To clarify:

When you RUN a procedure, Progress searches the directories specified in the PROPATH of the session of the Procedure issuing the call. The PROPATH is set for Client-side and Server-side individually when running on Appserver.

If you want to stop the error from occurring, set your PROPATH so that the program you are trying to run is contained within, or catch the error after the RUN.

Richhsp said:
On my appservers in the propath section i have:

/data/epicor/mfgsys80/Server:/data/epicor/MfgSysData:/data/epicor/mfgwrk80:${PROPATH}:${WRKDIR}

The program issuing the error is trying to RUN
/data/epicor/mfgwrk80/baq345122425.r

The .r does not exist or is not in the PROPATH, so an error is being issued. Which is correct behaviour.

Richhsp

Hi,

sorry, let me try to explain further.

mfgwrk80 is a working directory for my application. When the app is in use temp files are stored here and removed when the app closes.

The problem is, when i run my app there are no temp files stored here at all. The way i understand it, the procedure is crashing because it can't find anything in the working directory.

As i said, when i run the process on my Win laptop, which is a standalone system, the procedure runs fine & the mfgwrk80 directory has temp files in it when the app is running.

With this being the case i assumed it was something to do with the way i have setup my progress/linux system. Or that there is some a config file that i have not set correctly. I dont know if this makes any more sence.

regards

Richhsp

My understanding from your last post is that when you run the main App locally, the .r file is created and run successfully, but when you run against the server it is not created.

In which case you need to debug your code which creates and saves the .r in the first place.

The alternative is that the .r is being created at runtime on the server, but you are not calling it correctly, either because your propath is incorrect, or because your RUN statement is incorrect - is your Appserver stuff configured so that the procedure runs remotely?

Richhsp

Hi,

Thats almost it, the local machine is just a seperate install of my application which i put on my Win XP laptop to test the system.

My live system runs with windows 2000 clients and a Linux 8 server. When i run the test app on my laptop things work fine. when i run the same process on the windows 2000 clients the application errors and the error i posted in my first message is displayed in the log file on the server.

I am assuming my appservers are set to remotely run procedures but am not sure, my knowladge of progess is limited.

I thought my problem was to do with the permisions for mfgwrk80 share on the server or with a progress config problem. The mfgwrk80 folder is in the epicor share which users access through a maped drive on the clients. Each user has the correct permisions for this directory.

This made me think it was something i had not set correctly within progress, but have changed every thing i can think of and nothing works.

Thnanks for your help.