ODBC troubles: [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Socket closed

missmarple

Hi! I'll be very grateful if anyone could help me.

I use Progress 10.2B on Windows XP.
I have no idea what caused it - I can connect with an internal client, but I can't connect through ODBC.
What should I do?

M.M.

vinod_home

Re: ODBC troubles: [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Socket cl

Where do you have the database. Whats the configuration for your odbc connections.
Use promon to check if there are any SQLSRV connections. If there are check the PID's to see if they are actualy active connections.

If you can restart the database, then thats your easiest. Just restart the database and then try to connect.

HTH

RealHeavyDude

Re: ODBC troubles: [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Socket cl

Just a guess - but a think your OpenEdge database is not configured to allow SQL connections.

What did you do to configure your OpenEdge database to allow SQL connections?

The OpenEdge database is not a SQL database in the first place. Therefore, in order to successfully use SQL connections with the OpenEdge database you need to configure it.

To get you started you could search on two topics in the Progress Knowledge base:

• Secondary login broker: Explains why it is best practice to have a dedicated login broker for SQL clients and how to set it up.
  • SYSPROGRESS: Explains which login credentials are accepted when you connect to the OpenEdge database with a SQL user the first time and how to go on from there.

HTH, RealHeavyDude.