NEW: Track This Topic via Email

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I just added a really neat feature that lets you track any topics that you are interested in following here on ProgressTalk.com. Just click on the "Track Topic" button at the top of any thread, enter your email address, and press the submit button. You will then receive email updates whenever someone replies to the thread!

I hope everyone enjoys this new feature
smile.gif

-Chris

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com

tdi

Progress Fan
It's great!!!

You really has gone more away than duty.

Is it ending some day?
You efforts are just great. What we can do in exchange?

Octavio

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Octavio-

Thanks for the nice comments. I have really wanted this feature for a while now and am glad I was able to get it all setup and working. I know it should be nice if someone sees a thread they are very interested in keeping track of, they can just signup for email updates automatically whenever another post is made. Actually the fourm software I am using here (Ultimate Bulletin Board) has a really strong community of other webmasters who all share nice add-ons and enhancements like these, so hopefully this board will always continue to evolve. My next add-on to the thread tracking will be to not require a registered user to enter thier email address (since you should already have a login cookie with your userid, I can automatically get your sign-up email address from there). Of course, I think I will still leave the ability for non-registered users to still enter an email address, because there may be some people that don't want to register but still would like to track a thread.

Also, thanks for offering your help in exchange. I just think the best way to help out is to post questions and answers whenever you can, because without you guys this board (even with all the enhancements) would not be helpful to anyone. And if you know of any other Progress developers, please let me know about ProgressTalk as well
smile.gif

Thanks,
-Chris

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com