Answered New Forum

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
While trying to post this text, I got messages that there was a sneaky link, and that I should try to remove anything that looked like a URL. I was out of ideas of what might look like a URL...

Code:
Unfortunately, the d o t N e t U I has multiple home directories.  For telnet-type sessions, it is indeed the home directory of the user specified in User Option Telnet Maintenance.  With straight d o t N e t sessions, IIRC it is the home directory of the appserver instance.  This created a lot of fun for me in the past.

Changing how the d o t N e t U I behaves is not going to be easy or practical.  You'll be better off deciding on a means to put things in a directory that you define.

Good luck.

Posting it here to see if it works in a different forum.

*edit* Apparently, the phrase "d o t N e t UI" or ". N e t UI" is indicative of a sneaky link. Inserting extra spaces between the letters removes the sneakiness. Or something. I suggest more tolerance ;)

Scott,

You should be good to go now, once you hit 4 posts and 2 likes. I'll also see about adding dotNet and .NET to bypass the sneaky URL logic.

Thanks,
Chris

LarryD

Since Scott is from Michigan and they have a tough time getting "likes", I've taken pity on him and 'liked' one of his posts.

You're welcome, Scott. ;)

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I think most people struggle getting 'likes' here. Maybe the like button could be a bit more prominent, Chris?

dulecki

Lessee.... .Net, .com, .org, .us ....

Okay, I'm passed the n00b filter (at least on that part ;) ). And Larry, I do appreciate your like... oh, and how's the NCAA Final Four looking for you?

Oh, wait.... :D