Need to schedule a Progress programm

jzaccari

I need to learn how to setup a progress program to say run every hour. Can someone please help me out on how to accomplish this. I have run several programs through progress but none that I actaully didn't login and run myself. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

jennid

Are you on the CHUI or GUI version of SX.enterprise (the newer version of what used to be called "trend")?

jennid

Save your program in the directory that your custom chui/report manager code goes into (ie Nxt/Staging/Cust on the staging machine in a typical environment). Compile it and push code (code push needs to happen when users aren't logged in). Then go into menu AO and set up a new menu for your custom program (System, Menu Items). Set it up as a report type program (you can look at an existing report to see how everything should be set up). Make sure to set the field labeled "Standard" to "Site Specific"...this way if you upgrade Sx.e in the future, the upgrade program will know that this is a custom menu and it won't be overwritten. Then while still in AO, go the report setup (System, Report Items) and set up the report settings for your new menu (again, you can look at an existing report to see how things should be set up). Give your self security to your new menu (SASO for security) and then log in/out to pick up the security change. Now go into the new menu you set up. Select "new stored"...this will allow you to set up a stored job. On the second page of the job setup wizard is a field called "frequency type"...select the frequency that the job should run from the drop down list (and if you don't see the frequency that you would prefer, you can set new ones up in SASTT, table Report Schedules).

I'm not sure how familiar you are with SX.e, so if those instructions aren't specific enough to get you started, let me know where you're running into trouble and I can give more detailed explanations.