Question MFG/pro Report problem

Mani Rathinam

Hi all,

I am having a strange behavior with reports of MFG/PRO. I had copied few tables from one database to another. And now i need to check with the reports to make sure that the new database s perfectly correct. I ran report for the older one and with the new database too. When i took the reports and compared them both, for few records alone there are some differences. That is, If a record has 2 lines, the lines got swapped in the other database. But when I run the query for a particular record, Both are perfect and same without any change in order. And one more thing is, If i give the selection criteria and run for few records, I am getting the reports of both databases same. Programs for both reports taking from same pro path so no bug in program I hope so. Pls, If anyone come across this issue or know about this pls let me know. Thank you.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
How did you copy the tables? It might be helpful to have more info on what the reports are doing, and what the indexes are for the tables that have the records in the wrong order. I suspect what is happening is that the report is written rely on a certain index that isn't necessarily ordered in the order you expect it, and therefore the records have somehow come out differently.

Mani Rathinam

We were doing on Fixed assets. It ain't about Index i hope so. Because. When i run the report for all the assets. It is giving some order and wen i run for particular assets specifying range, It is giving the different order. It is abt Asset Depreciation rpt.

Cringer

Staff member
SO how did you copy the tables? How do you know the keys in the different databases are the same?

Mani Rathinam

Thru Dump and load. We copied the tables itself from one database to other. So Everything regarding the tables will be copied. Index, Seq numbers and everything. That is wat i said wen i ran the Query in both databases it s showing correct but not thru report.

Cringer

Staff member
I've never used MFGPro, so I don't know what the report does I'm afraid. Copying tables between databases seems to be a dangerous thing to do though.

Mani Rathinam

We don't have any other option V did some wrong postings and v coudn't revert it to normal So need to Take the Backup and copy those data. That's wat v did but the data between these itself not cuming right.

Cringer

Staff member
So you essentially partially reverted to backup. Ouch. I think I'm best leaving this thread to an MFGPro expert.