MFG Background colour

rudils

Hi all

We're running v9.0 and we have two db's , one live and one test. I have a few problems where users are working on the Test database and claim they never saw the heading at the top.

I have a menu where they select which db to go to , but I want to try and change the test db's background to a different colour. We're running a VT200 emulator and I have the control codes for that. It works fine , but when I login to the db after the colour's changed , it changes it back to normal white on black.

Can anyone please help me urgently ?

Thanks

anil_garg2001

rudils said:
Hi all

We're running v9.0 and we have two db's , one live and one test. I have a few problems where users are working on the Test database and claim they never saw the heading at the top.

I have a menu where they select which db to go to , but I want to try and change the test db's background to a different colour. We're running a VT200 emulator and I have the control codes for that. It works fine , but when I login to the db after the colour's changed , it changes it back to normal white on black.

Can anyone please help me urgently ?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Hi,
to solve this problem, you can use netterm for accessing database, it's a good tool and it allows you to put colours of your choice.

you can download the same from.

http://www.provincia.ps.it/download/netterm/

Regards,

Anil Garg

rudils

[/QUOTE

Hi,
to solve this problem, you can use netterm for accessing database, it's a good tool and it allows you to put colours of your choice.

you can download the same from.

http://www.provincia.ps.it/download/netterm/

Regards,

Anil Garg[/QUOTE]

Hi there and thanx for your quick reply. The only problem is , this isn't the answer I am looking for. I am using Smarterm and through the emulator I can also change the background colours , but I want to do it through the database on MFG. Not through the emulator.

Regards
Rudi

cecsno

You need to look in your protermcap file for the proper terminal identifier that has color capablilities that your terminal emulator will support i.e. vt100c.

Set your TERM environment variable to the term id.

There used to be a -v client startup parameter to set the video options, but i don't think it's supported any more. So you will have to create a startup program that calls mf.p that sets you display colors. Or you can have multiple protermcap definitions that have different "color 0" values.

Alot of terminal emulators handle colors poorly if at all, especially background colors. SmartTerm is not a good one.

See chapter 15 in your Systems Administration Guide.