Log out code

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
The same as login but reversed :)
If you have some kind of session mangement which you store in a table then delete the session record form the table. If you use standard session management from WebSpeed clear the session and delete the session file using:
run endrequest in web-utilities-hdl.

By the way, why do you call everything speedscript? You probably do the sessionmanagement (and discpatch) part in a seperate Progress .p which has nothing to do with speedscript. Speedscript is embedded in a HTML page or vice versa.

Casper.

Casper said:
The same as login but reversed :)
If you have some kind of session mangement which you store in a table then delete the session record form the table. If you use standard session management from WebSpeed clear the session and delete the session file using:

By the way, why do you call everything speedscript? You probably do the sessionmanagement (and discpatch) part in a seperate Progress .p which has nothing to do with speedscript. Speedscript is embedded in a HTML page or vice versa.

Casper.

Hi,

yes I use session management. My inlog page is the start page. After a succesfull login there is a frame page started and the rest of the navigation goes trhough one colom.
At the top there is a header, left there is a navigation menu en right the target of the different HTMLK pages.

Now after I logout, the login.html file is run but it is run in the right colom.

So I don't want the login page to start in a frame/right kolom but it must load only the login page withoout the frame.

What's the syntax for this?

Hi,

I found another solution.
Since I use session management, it means the unique session id will sometime expire.
Just add a link called 'log out' in the navigation menu en link that to the login page. Ofcourse set the target to '_top'.
This means when you click log out, then the program calls the login page. After this the user must enter a username and password since there are no frames with menus in the login screen.

It's not that user-friendly since I don't need to put messages for the boss but it does make life easier :D

edit:

to react to your comment Casper.
I'm just beginning to understand Progress 4GL and WebSpeed. I'm not that good in the terms. This is because this is the first big project I have to do. At school it was easy and not that practical. They thought us alot of theorie.
But I will watch out the next time and if I make the mistake, please forgive me.

Casper

Staff member
Hi,

Í just said that because somehow this whole speedscript talk sounds like some exotic way of programming. It's just embedded 4GL in HTML. I said it to make that clear.

I just read that i wrote:

I meant:
Code:
run endSession in web-utilities-hdl.

Sorry for that, sometimes I write before I think.

Hope your project is going well.

Regards,

Casper.

Casper said:
Hi,

Í just said that because somehow this whole speedscript talk sounds like some exotic way of programming. It's just embedded 4GL in HTML. I said it to make that clear.

I just read that i wrote:

I meant:
Code:
run endSession in web-utilities-hdl.
Sorry for that, sometimes I write before I think.

Hope your project is going well.

Regards,

Casper.

Hi, no problem. You're right ofcourse. SpeedScript indeed is embedded 4GL into HTML.

The project is going according to plan. Since this is my first real big project I'm allowed to make a few mistakes however it is wise not to.

I'm still stuck at that the 'Align data left and at the top' Topic.

http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?t=88591&page=2

So if you can help.
Just read the second page of the topic since I've changed the original question.

Many thanks in advance.

Casper

Staff member
Sure, you can always ask your questions here @ ProgressTalk.
Don't forget to always say what version Progress (or OpenEdge ;-) you're on, what servicepack and what OS u use.

Casper