Lock table full error

Son Nguyen

Hi All,

I connect to Database Progress 9.1d by ODBC. then I use Crystal Report 9 connect to DNS to design report. when i add table to report. I can not adding and raise error "Lock table full".
Who know to solve this problem. please help me!

Thanks,

Son Nguyen

vinod_home

What kind of odbc are you using. Check to see that you are not creating a lock when you try to read from the database. Ideally it would be in your odbc configuration.

HTH

Son Nguyen

Thanks for informations

Hi,

I use the diiver "MERANT 3.60 32-BIT Progress SQL92 v9.1D" to connect to database Progress. Could tel me the solution to fix it?
I connect to database progress on ODBC with user "mfg". I can not connect with "sysprogress" and password "123". "mfg" is default user of MFG/PRO eB2 database.

Thanks,

dcheatham

Under the Advanced Tab in your ODBC Config, you need to set it to Read Uncommited. The default value is for Read Commited. Progress treats the Read Commited as a Table Scan and locks ever row of a table on a query when this is used. We have two configured connections and use the updates for only a few records at a time.

Son Nguyen

Hi,

Thanks you very much for you information!
I connected, added the table and added some fields into report, but when i preview the crysral report 9 raise the error "Failed to open a rowset".
could tell me fix this error?

Thanks,

vinod_home

Use this URL for searching for solutions on the progress website..
https://progress.primushosting.net/progress/esupport

For this issue that you have...

Progress Solution

ID: P20664
Title: "Error 7512 when connecting to a database using SQL92"
Created: 6-Mar-2003 Last Modified: 29-Nov-2004

Known to occur in:
Progress 9.1A
Progress 9.1B

Symptom(s):
Access denied(Authorization failed) (7512)
[JDBC Progress Driver]:Access denied(Authorisation failed)
Error received trying to access database from ODBC or JDBC
User trying to connect to the database does not exist in _user table
User trying to connect to the database has not been created via CREATE USER statement

Cause(s):
The user does not have any privileges to access SQL-92 objects.

Fix:
1) Open the SQL Explorer and connect as 'sysprogress' (no password)
2) Grant DBA privilege to the desired user:

GRANT DBA TO 'user';
COMMIT;

The drawback is that anybody can use this user account (or sysprogress) in order to delete/modify any SQL92 objects (tables, indexes, ...) or modify the SQL92 privileges (creating new DBA user with password).

Additional Information:
References to Written Documentation:

Progress Solutions:
20143, "Basic Guide to Defining Progress SQL-92 Database Permissions & Security