JDBC Progress Driver 20217 Error

paulr

I'm working with a Progress 9.1C database am getting an error without much of an associated message.

JDBC Progress Driver - 20217

Can anyone provide some assistance with correcting this error? I believe stop / start of the database will fix the issue, but that is not effective longterm.

Thanks

paulr

Service Pack

Hello Casper,

According to the customer, they have not installed any service packs for either Syteline or Progress since the initial installation.

Also, restarting the application connecting the database cleared the problem, but this is not a long-term solution.

Thank you,
Paul

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
hi Paul,

Did you already had a look at
KB 19878, 20503 and maybe P96717?

Regards,

Casper.

paulr

Knowledge Base - 20217 Error

Hello Casper,

Thank you. I had located some articles in the KB, but I will check those out. Does it seem as though I will need to get the customer to update / patch their Progress 9.1C installation? Is there a way I can confirm the level they are on now?

Thanks again,
Paul

Casper

Staff member
Hi Paul,

It could also be the query you're using. But always good to look if it isn't an already solved issue.
SP level can be found in $DLC/version

Regards,

Casper.

paulr

Progress Version

Hello Casper,

I'm sorry, but Progress is really not my area, so I don't know how to access $DLC/version. My DLC env variable is pointed to c:\dlc91c , but that is all I know about DLC. Can you direct me on how to get / access this value / info?

Thank you,
Paul

paulr

Re: Progress 9.1C Version

Well, this may have been more simple than I thought. I found a VERSION file in the DLC91C folder, which is probably what you were directing me to. The contents are:

PROGRESS Version 9.1C as of Thu Jun 7 04:57:48 EDT 2001

Is the above an original, unpatched, version? I see on the Progress Service Pack download site that 91C07 is the latest patch. Can that be applied directly or must we locate the older patches and install them first in order?

Thanks!

Casper

Staff member
The highest patch level of 9.1C is much higher then sp7. (I believe the latest patch in 9.1C is 31 but i'm not sure). SP7 at the download site is for OS/400. I couldn't find any other servicepack there.
But anyway first you have to determine if it's a known bug. Did you drop an e-mail at tech support?

Regards,

Casper.

paulr

Recommended Patch - 91C18

Yes, I contacted support support and found that for use with Syteline, the recommended patch, no higher or lower, is 91C18. I've passed along the information to the customer in the hopes this will resolve the JDBC connection issues. There were some known JDBC issues with older versions of Progress 9.1C. Thanks!