Invoice ->Sales-Jrnl ->ar-gl-distr

elasner

I am new to the world of MXP and we are having an issue where certain types of transactions fail to follow the flow. I think I understand the flow, but if I am wrong please correct me.

during the invoice process in direct billing op/directbf creates the sales-jrnl records. Next ar/slsjrnl creates the ar-gl-distr records based on the data in the sales-jrnl table. Once complete the sales-jrnl is purged.

The last step is to run the AR to GL interface.

first question:

Is the sales-jrnl1 considered a history file of what should have been in the sales-jrnl?

Second question:

DOes anyone have any idea how the ar-updated flag could get set to yes, without either the directbf or invoicee programs performing that operation?

Thanks

lpinfo

if I am wrong please correct me.

during the invoice process in direct billing op/directbf creates the sales-jrnl records. Next ar/slsjrnl creates the ar-gl-distr records based on the data in the sales-jrnl table.
When the sale-journal is printed and reset (sales.jrnl).

Once complete the sales-jrnl is purged.
If KEEP-HISTORY FLAG in CUSTOMER is 'NO'

The last step is to run the AR to GL interface.
A/R distribution can be purged after G/L interface.

first question:

Is the sales-jrnl1 considered a history file of what should have been in the sales-jrnl?
It is an extension of the sales-jrnl file an addition showing commission details.

Second question:

DOes anyone have any idea how the ar-updated flag could get set to yes, without either the directbf or invoicee programs performing that operation?

When the sale-journal is printed and reset (sales.jrnl) I think.
Hope this helps
Lee.

elasner

Thanks Lee it does help, but the actual issue was cased by someone creating a credit memo and picking the ship to not the bill to customer number. This was breaking the link between the invoice and the credit memo. The user received an error message from progress, but ignored it.

DwachNess

Admin, where are you?! WTF?! m?..

Re: Invoice ->Sales-Jrnl ->ar-gl-distrquote=elasner;344387if I am wrong please correct me. during the invoice process in direct billing op/directbf creates the sales-jrnl records. Next ar/slsjrnl creates the ar-gl-distr records based on the data in the sales-jrnl table. When the sale-journal is printed and reset sales.jrnl. Once complete the sales-jrnl is purged. If KEEP-HISTORY FLAG in CUSTOMER is NO The last step is to run the AR to GL interface. A/R distribution can be purged after G/L interface. first question: Is the sales-jrnl1 considered a history file of what should have been in the sales-jrnl?It is an extension of the sales-jrnl file an addition showing commission details. Second question: DOes anyone have any idea how the ar-updated flag could get set to yes without either the directbf or invoicee programs performing that operation? When the sale-journal is printed and reset sales.jrnl I think.Hope this helpsLee.

wow, seriously?!

ANY QUESTIONS???