Insert Event in Class

make

Hi !!

I tried to insert the following Event in a browse-calls.
When the iteration changed a procedure in an external .P file should be executed.
But the class didnt accept the method.
Here is the Code.
ON iteration-changed OF {&Browse-Name} IN FRAME {&Frame-Name} DO:
if lookup("iterationChanged", this-procedure:internal-entries) > 0 then run iterationChanged (input (if available table then rowid(table) else ?)).
end.

Where is my mistake ??

Can you help ??

Make

Make,

I think you misunderstood my previous reply (to the earlier thread from which this code sample is taken).

I am going to a couple of statements, which may or may not be correct. If they are not then please clarify and I'll help further.

1. It seems that you are new to Progress. Perhaps you consider going on a course, just to jumpstart on the basics of Progress programming.
2. Your programs use a lot of standard include files which use different preprocessors to turn certain functionality on and off, add tables to browses etc.

The code example:

ON iteration-changed OF {&Browse-Name} IN FRAME {&Frame-Name} DO:
if lookup("iterationChanged", this-procedure:internal-entries) > 0 then run iterationChanged (input (if available table then rowid(table) else ?)).
end.

is just that, and example. I have no idea what is in your include file.

Somewhere there should be a "define browse" statement.
E.g. define browse brStandardBrowse.

in the code example above replace {&browse-name} with the actual browse name.

Also the code inside the "do" block is what we do in my company. I very much doubt you have an internal procedure called iterationChanged. Inside this block you can do whatever it is you wanted to do. I can't remember what this is because you've started a new thread instead of continuing the original one.

Hope this helps.

Jon