GRN Printing

HISTOGRAM

Hi Gents,

We are using MFG 8.6E and have a query (our resident MFG expert hsa left the company) the system presently does not print off a GRN when recieving goods to the system via a purchase order (5.13.1) and we would like to activate the option, we would also if possible like to have all GRN's printed from the same printer regardless of which terminal is used to actually make the reciept (the printer already has an ID on the system).

Could somebody please help, in the simplest terms possible?

Thanks in advance.

Hi
Sorry, what do you mean by GRN? Goods receiving....?
Thanks!

32Soft Inc., an Official QAD Subcontractor
We Help Make the Most of your MFG/PRO Implementation!
To find more, please call 416-605-1830[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

HISTOGRAM

Hi
Sorry, what do you mean by GRN? Goods receiving....?
Thanks!

32Soft Inc., an Official QADSubcontractor
To find more, please call 416-605-1830

Hi Max,

Thanks for your reply. GRN is Goods Reciept Note. When recieving goods to the system by purchase order using 5.13.1, on completing the transaction you are issued a GRN number. MFG also has the ability to print off a page listing the details of the goods reciept transaction. It is this print-off that is presently not activated within our system.

Hi
You can reprint the receiver at any time, using 5.13.2 Purchase Receipt Document Print.
You can select documents to print by Purchase Order, by Receiver No, by supplier or by receiving date. You should be careful with the dates range and the flag "Unprinted Receivers Only". If you leave it as default Yes, and the receiver alredy printed, the system will print nothing. So change this flag to No. Also try to increase the date range. Please let me know if this helps
Regards

HISTOGRAM

Hi Max,

Thanks for that, i was already aware of 5.13.2, it is a helpful tool but doesn't do what we require. Unfortunately it does not print one page per reciept which we need, rather it fits as many as possible per page. We specifically need to activate the option that prints an individual reciept/GRN automatically after each time we complete a transaction in 5.13.1.

Thanks again,

Tony.

What is the name of the program you are using for 5.13.1? You can find it in the upper left corner...
Thanks

HISTOGRAM

In the upper left corner of 5.13.1 it says Purchase Order Reciepts, we come to this from our main screen which is called Histogram Parallel Run : mfgpara.

Is that what you need to know?

I am actually looking for the program name (something like porcrp.p).
If you are using GUI version, you can open the program (5.13.1), then go to the menu "Help" -> "About". The program name should be there.
The reason I need it is becasue it looks like you are using some custom program, and not the original QAD one.
Thanks!

Max

HISTOGRAM

Sorry about that, details listed in Help > About are as follows:

Menu Program: poporc.p
Program: us/po/poporc.r a+
Program Stack; us/po/poporcm.p

Hope that helps.

Hm, looks like this is an original program...
So you say you have an option of printing the document at the end of 5.13.1? Is there a question?
Thanks
Max

HISTOGRAM

Hm, looks like this is an original program...
So you say you have an option of printing the document at the end of 5.13.1? Is there a question?
Thanks
Max

When MFG was installed on our site several years ago (before my time) we apparently used to get an automatic print of every GRN after a transaction in 5.13.1, there was no question or option not to recieve it, it was completely automatic. It was decided that it was not necessary at the time so the function was somehow 'switched off'. The function is listed in the user manual for MFG, though the manual does not say how to activate it. We are assuming that somewhere behind the scenes there is a flag that can be activated to resume the use of this function.

I am not aware of any standard automatic printing function from 5.13.1. There is a setting, which controls the creation of the receiver, but you still will have to print it manually. May be in your implementation there was some sort of internal customization....

In 5.24 Purchasing Control there is a flag "Receiver Type", which may be set to 0, 1 or 2. (At least in the latest versions of MFG/PRO - not sure about 8.6).
Each receiver is assigned a receiver number, entered manually or system assigned. When you assign receiver numbers manually, you enter one for the entire receipt. When the system assigns numbers, you have an option. If you specify Receiver Type 1, the system assigns one receiver number for the whole shipment, even if multiple items are received. If you specify Receiver Type 2, each item is assigned a different receiver number. If the same item is received on different lines, only one receiver number will be assigned for the item. To insure that no gaps occur in the sequence numbers (which may be required for some Pos), type 2 causes Purchasing Control to lock for the duration of the receipt against the PO. Receiver Type 0 specifies whether receiving documents are printed. If set to 0, the Receiving Document Print function is disabled.

Hope it helps

Max

HISTOGRAM

Hi Max,

Thanks very much for that. I'm guessing from what i've seen that there must have been some customization. I've had a look at those options you have mentioned in 5.13.2 and i'm sure that we can make a usable solution from them.

Thanks very much for your help Max.

Regards,

Tony.

You are welcome :)
You can always contact me at max.viskov@32soft.com, if you wish
Best regards

HISTOGRAM

You are welcome :)
You can always contact me at max.viskov@32soft.com, if you wish
Best regards

thanks for that, i'm sure i will be testing your knowledge again some time soon.

Regards,

Tony.