upload_2017-9-7_21-0-54.png

please do the needful.

with regards
Mike

Last edited:

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I somehow doubt that is the exact error you are getting.
I also doubt you'll get much help with Progress 7.3B.

LarryD

I would strongly suggest you not try and ask a specific individual to answer your questions, as most of us only read the forums as we can (just like any other forum). There are quite a few experts on here and well experienced people that might be able to help you.

As to your problem, you likely have "-rx" in your startup script which would give you that error. That option does not allow you to do anything with data.

Progress 7. anything is ancient, obsolete, and at least 20+ years old. Unless you are running on SCO Unix or Windows 3.1 I seriously doubt it would run on any O/S that has been made in the past 20 years or so.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Dear cringer /TOM

i am getting exact this error.
please do needful.

((((
You edited the post after I posted mine to include a screenshot that is clearly not the exact same error as the one you typed in manually. It is really important to report errors accurately. The error you typed had enough errors in it to make it ambiguous.

As for the actual error you are getting, try searching the knowledgebase with the error number. It's a very useful tool. Progress Community

Dear TOM,

Please help me
we are getting below error:-

1. progress version 7.3B

**you cannot run progress that access data that progress version

View attachment 1558

please do the needful.

with regards
Mike

Progress KB - Error 724 running .r code with a Runtime license

Cause
While the necessary Progress licenses are installed to run .r code, the -rx parmeter cannot be used to run compiled r-code. The -rx parameter (Encrypted Compiler Mode) should only be used to enable query or run-time Progress clients to compile encrypted source code or Access the Data Dictionary to manage application schema or dump schema definitions.
Resolution
Do not start clients in Encrypted Compiler Mode with the -rx client startup parameter to run complied application code.