Forum Post: Re: Unable to see tables when trying to create a new report

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmeritt

Hi Larry, One of the challenges we have seen in this scenario is when there are fields in the OE DB that are larger than the SQL metadata suggests they should be. After cleaning up the database (through dbtool or ABL code) they have been able to move on. Not sure if this is what is occurring but could be the issue. Did you receive any error messages or just a blank screen with no tables? Let me know when you attempted this and what id you were under and I can get the logs pulled to see what happened. Thanks, Jaime From: LarryDusch bounce-LarryDusch@community.progress.com Reply-To: " BU.Easyl@community.progress.com " BU.Easyl@community.progress.com Date: Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM To: " BU.Easyl@community.progress.com " BU.Easyl@community.progress.com Subject: Unable to see tables when trying to create a new report Unable to see tables when trying to create a new report Thread created by LarryDusch Apologies for the potential cross-post, but my colleague posted in the technical section rather than here, so I thought it might be more appropriate here. We are using the Easyl evaluation copy We can successfully connect to the data source (OE 10.2B). We have granted SQL permissions to all tables in the OE database for the user we are trying to use. However, when we go to create a report, no.tables are showing within the Add Mapping screen. It gives us the 'loading schema' message, then just displays the Data Source name, no tables. Is there something we are missing or does the evaluation copy not work with our own database? We are a VAR and have several clients that might be interested, but we want to do a proof of concept before we attempt to sell Easyl. Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide. Stop receiving emails on this subject. Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.