Forum Post: RE: temp-table inheritance

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brandon.G

yeah I realised that, however it is the the Serialize-name attribute of the 'ItemID' field, not the table attribute you were expecting. If the field level 'LIKE' does not inherit the attribute, then it would seem logical to expect that the attribute would still not inherit when the 'Like' inheritance is specified at the table definition level (I would imagine that Progress would possibly even delegate to the same logic internally to take care of the field inheritance in either case). Having said that though, I do agree with you that the behaviour being inconsistent under the two methods, as you've described, is not expected, regardless of which is behaving as intended. Hopefully, if Progress confirms this is a bug, they will fix it so that the attribute is inherited consistently, rather than consistently not . (Chris, the RCODE-INFO option also occurred to me as a long shot, initially, but I actually don't think it is factor here, as it is only still supported for backward compatibility - but no harm in trying, I guess)

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.