Forum Post: Re: Ccs Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChUIMonster

I am puzzled why the process isn't generally more open. The charter says: Progress is dedicated to providing an open platform for the exchange of ideas and, ultimately, the agreement of specifications for each component. Locking something called "community" behind a closed forum in an already login limited site doesn't seem very "open" to me. I'm not sure what a "community draft" is. That term isn't defined in the charter. There is a 30 to 90 day participant only review period for "community review drafts". After another two weeks of finalization approved specs are supposed to be released to the "broader OpenEdge community". So I think we must be waiting for something in one of those phases? FWIW -- I also do not see the benefit of keeping review drafts in hiding. A "public comment period" is a very useful thing in a specifications process. It would be a pity to put months of work into something and then release it to find out that it has problems that could have been solved if a few more people had looked it over and commented on it.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.