DB CONNECTION Problem- Appserver & Local Db

RonMoffat

We are redeveloping our system from v8 to v9 using SDO's, THIN CLIENT design using Appserver technology.

The software we have written works find under the Appserver, with the SDO partitions defined.
However, under the Local DB, the SDO complains as the partition is not defined.

If I set the SDO partitions to "[NONE]", the local DB works fine, however, I shouldn't have to go through all the code, and reset each SDO, compile the code, and deploy.

The only approach I can see is to define a local appserver in the Service Parameter Maintenance Tool, which would use the same partition name as the remote appserver, but would effectively create a local appserver.

This however, would be well over the top for Some of our clients who require a simple standalone machine. For these clients, we would want to use the Progress Personal Database, and not utilise the Appserver.

Any suggestions on how to move forward???
(Apart from dumping SDO's and writing our own code to cope with both situations...)

FINALLY, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Please!!!)

Ron Moffat

cybvek

Hi!

I'm not sure this is a good idea and will be working I'm quite newbie in adm2, but if you use the "parameterize as variable" function (sdo properties), and create sdo-s with double version: one of with partigon and one without it (dCustp.w dCusts).
And you use a global variable which control the "parameterize as variable" content. If the "standalone = yes" then cCust = "dCusts.w" else "dCustp.w" or somthing like that.

Regards,

Viktor

Originally posted by RonMoffat
We are redeveloping our system from v8 to v9 using SDO's, THIN CLIENT design using Appserver technology.

The software we have written works find under the Appserver, with the SDO partitions defined.
However, under the Local DB, the SDO complains as the partition is not defined.

If I set the SDO partitions to "[NONE]", the local DB works fine, however, I shouldn't have to go through all the code, and reset each SDO, compile the code, and deploy.

The only approach I can see is to define a local appserver in the Service Parameter Maintenance Tool, which would use the same partition name as the remote appserver, but would effectively create a local appserver.

This however, would be well over the top for Some of our clients who require a simple standalone machine. For these clients, we would want to use the Progress Personal Database, and not utilise the Appserver.

Any suggestions on how to move forward???
(Apart from dumping SDO's and writing our own code to cope with both situations...)

FINALLY, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Please!!!)

Ron Moffat