riccimatic

Hi to all,
i'm working on progress 9.1E, and i have to implement this solution:

Server A:
Progress 9.1E

Server B:
Datadirect ODBC driver (32 bit)
SQL Server 2008 R2

At the moment, on server B, i install the datadirect odbc driver version 7.1, but when i try to connect sql server i have this error message:

[Datadirect][odbc progress openedge wire protocol driver][openedge]broker rejects connection

when i check on the documentation i found that the problem is the version of the drivers, because it' seems that the last version that support porogress 9.1e is the 5.1 (http://knowledgebase.datadirect.com/articles/Article/000045005).

For other things like maximum number of server/client related to the provider 4GL/SQL i test a lot configuration, but it not fix. Also, i install a sql server on sever A, and i use the local odbc driver installed with progress, and in this case the bridge work without any problems.

The ask is: where i can download this old version of drivers, or, exist an other way?

thanks for the help

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
To be perfectly honest with you you should be upgrading. 9.1E is ancient, obsolete and unsupported. There are very few valid excuses for staying on that version. It was written in the 90's for 90's hardware and demands. We're in a different century now and the demands and hardware have moved on significantly.

riccimatic

To be perfectly honest with you you should be upgrading. 9.1E is ancient, obsolete and unsupported. There are very few valid excuses for staying on that version. It was written in the 90's for 90's hardware and demands. We're in a different century now and the demands and hardware have moved on significantly.

I know that, and i think the same, but i can't modify this part of the project, my problem is the way to retrive the old version of the odbc driver, because it's seems that it's impossible to download them from the official website.

RealHeavyDude

If I were you I would contact Progress Tech Support on behalf of whoever owns the database license on that matter. They can povide you with the download on their FTP server. What you need is the SQL92 client access - if I remember correctly as it was called back then.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

riccimatic

If I were you I would contact Progress Tech Support on behalf of whoever owns the database license on that matter. They can povide you with the download on their FTP server. What you need is the SQL92 client access - if I remember correctly as it was called back then.

thanks

RealHeavyDude

Almost forgot: Every client product ( client networking, personal database ) contains the ODBC drivers. In order to have them installed you either need to make a full installation or a custom one where you select the drivers. A typical installation will not install them.

Most likely your partner who owns the database will also have the installation media and serial number + control codes for eithern client networking or personal database.