Create background queue

marvex

Hi,
how I can create queue background?
I have tried to create the queue in "File/System/Background queue setup" but I do not succeed to insert no program in the queue.

where it is the error?:confused:

thank's

dmood

Background Queue

Let's assume Syteline and Progress are installed on drive F:

Create a file, using NotePad, called F:\syteline\batch called queue.lst The only thing in it on the first line is the name of the queue you created in Syteline using File/System/ Background Queue setup.

Next, create a file called F:\syteline\batch\StartB32.CMD. In it, place 3 lines that looks line this (the 3rd line is all on one line in case this post wraps around

ECHO %1 > F:\syteline\batch\queue
echo %1 > F:\syteline\batch\queue.lst
(the next line is all on one line )
start "USER BKG - %1" F:\DLC\BIN\prowin32 -b -basekey -p batch\s-rpt.p -pf F:\syteline\db\symixbg.PF -ininame F:\syteline\symix.ini

Third, create the file F:\syteline\db\symixbg.PF :
# SYMIXBG.PF - paramter file for the Syteline BG queue
# PF-TYPE = R "symix Background Queue Run" no
#
# SESSION,Session-related parameters
-D 100
-TB 31
-TM 15
-inp 5000
-nb 55
-q
-s 31
#
# MAIN,symix
-db F:\SyteLine\db\symix
-ld main
-B 10000 # you may not need this line

To start the queue, tyep in "F:\syteline\batch\StartB32.cmd (queue)"
where (queue) is the name of the queue you set up in Syteline.

Once you set up the queue with File/System/ Background Queue setup,
you need to place your reports or utilities on the Queue using the option on the Edit menu for the particular report desired.

The best way to learn this is by example, and my favorite test case is the Accelerator Keys report. Try this:

From the mian menu:
File/System/Accelerator Keys

On the Accelerator Keys screen:
Reports/Accelerator Keys

Edit/Update - leave user/group blank. Change the destination to
a printer that you know works. Hit F2 to complete the Edit.

Now, once again, go into the Edit menu, but do not just hit Print.
Instead, click "Place on Background Queue". On the resulting screen:
-Fill in the queue name you created in the Background Queue Setup screen.
-the date should default to today.
-the time should default to the system clock
-"Freq" means "frequency" - that is, run once, daily, weekly, etc. It defaults to "once".
- set the "File Mode" to Overrwrite.

Now hit F2, and the report will be placed onto the queue. You can monitor this with File/System/Background Queue Status. The report should dissappear from the status screen (you have to manually refresh it every few minutes) when it runs (which depends on the polling frequency you ued on the queue setup screen).

There is documentation on this on Infor's web site. I have given you the (very) short version of the setup. Check the site for the details - search for "Background Queue" in their "No-Wait Response" area.

Cheers - DM