converting progress DB from Unix to Windows platform

selasi

good day all.

i would like to know how i can convert a progress database that was running o unix to windows. this has been caused by change of servers so initially it was running on unix server and now i want to put it on a windows platform, are there any special procedures hat i need to take

and what is the best network emulation software that i can use for the purpose of networking?

regards

selasi

RealHeavyDude

Please do not post the same question in different forums as you might get answers from different people in different places. Following one "logical" thread via several "physical" threads is not quite easy ...

You will find my reply in the database administration forum.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

selasi

thank you so much, if i got you correctly you mean i should try to dump the data the reload it in windows? as simple as that?

RealHeavyDude

You are right: Dump the data on the Unix machine ( ascii or binary as you prefer, I would recommend binary as it is much faster ... ) and load it on the Windows machine, given that you know how to use the data administration tool and/or the proutil dump & load command and how to create an empty database on the Windows machine.

BTW, there is no other way that is supported ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.