Question Compatiblity enquiry

BeanTee

Hi,

The application system which we are using is currently running on Progress 10.2b. Our system admin is planning to make use of the same server for other application system. They will need to install .net 4.0 in the same server.

We foresee there will be no compatiblity issue to have both Progress 10.2b and .net4.0 sit in the same server. Just want to confirm whether my assumption is correct. Do I overlook any issue?

Bean.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
The compatibility issue may hinge on what your 4GL code does, if any.

I assume this is this an older version of Windows?

RealHeavyDude

If you install a development license, the .NET framework 4.0 needs to be installed and therefore is checked during the installation of Progress. The .NET framework 4.0 for the developer license is needed for the proxygen ( generate .NET, Java or Web Service proxies ).

Nevertheless, we have Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 R2 environments which all have Progress OpenEdge 101.1c, 11.3.1 and .NET 4.0 installed withouth any fuzz ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

BeanTee

It sounds like you shouldn't have any issues. I suggest you install .NET before OE.
The problem is, our system administrator is going to install .NET 4.0 in an environment which Progress 10.2b is already running. To be safe, we will perform the same in test server just to ensure everything is in order before proceed to the installation in production.

Thanks guys for your assistance. :)