1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check is session is able to compile

Discussion in 'Development' started by D.Cook, Apr 13, 2012.

1. D.Cook

D.Cook New Member

Is there any way to check if the current AVM session is able to compile and run procedure files? I ask because even if I run with NO-ERROR, the program exits when it receives error (471), even if a .r also exists.
  2. Rob Fitzpatrick

Rob Fitzpatrick ProgressTalk.com Sponsor

What does showcfg show you in terms of installed products? With a runtime license you can't compile; with a development license, you can. Or are you looking for a way to do this programmatically?
  3. SergioC

SergioC Member

Hi, in development mode create a program with following code:

Code (progress):
    2. MESSAGE 'Progress Version" PROGRESS VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX.
    3. QUIT.
    Save as z-runt.p and compile.

From de command line:

C:\DLC\bin\_progres.exe sports -1 -p z-runt.p -rr

NOTE: -rr = Run-Time Version

Regards.
    1 person likes this.
  4. D.Cook

D.Cook New Member

Yep I'd like to do this programmatically.

Thanks Sergio, I didn't know about this function.