Browsers for new fileds in sosorp05.p

nalinu

Hi All,

as a result of a recent merger we are extending mfgpro to another site.

The main Bean counter on the project wants to select a batch of sales Orders ( based on channel, product line etc) and tag them before printing them.

Yes he is not exactly in favour of the ranges that sosorp05.p offers.

We have to modify this screen to include channel and other selection criteria.

Now while adding channel and other selection criteria is not a problem adding browsers to these fields is.

how can I ensure that pressing "F2" on these fields will bring up an appropriate browser ?

I also know that these browsers are hiden somewhere but can be changed. how can we do that as well ?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Nalin

:rolleyes:

dangaet

Have a look at 36.20.13
You will find the browse maintenance in option 10.

If you modify a browser normally the system will create new sources for the modified version in your home directory. Please pick this up, compile it and install it where all the browsers are installed.

Consult the manual for more information on modifying browsers.

regards,
Danny

nalinu

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your reply. I changed the original sosorp05.p and renamed it. Iam using the new program to do a bit more than the standard one.

the Browsers on the original don't work anymore !!!. I wouldn't mind having the original ones to start with.

I looked up 36.20.13 before I posted my question. I couldn't see how the system attached abrower to a field inside a given program. It wasn't clear to me.

I will have another look.

thanks again,

Regards,

Nalin.

dangaet

Hi Nalin,

Have a look at 36.4.21 Window Help management.

You can find the name of the field, I believe you know, press CTRL-F, and enter the name in fieldname.

Rest speaks for itselve.

regards,
Danny

Originally posted by nalinu
Hi Danny,

Thank you for your reply. I changed the original sosorp05.p and renamed it. Iam using the new program to do a bit more than the standard one.

the Browsers on the original don't work anymore !!!. I wouldn't mind having the original ones to start with.

I looked up 36.20.13 before I posted my question. I couldn't see how the system attached abrower to a field inside a given program. It wasn't clear to me.

I will have another look.

thanks again,

Regards,

Nalin.