AppServer in dlc91d

how is job market in DC area ?

• a:2:{i:52;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:52;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"85164";s:5:"title";s:6:"smiles";s:5:"votes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Qus

Peggers,
Please give me a hand here. I am running dlc91a on one machine and a few AppServers, one of them connects to four databases with no problem. Then I began the process of building this new machine with dlc91d and Enterprise database, I have no problem bring up anything AppServer as long as its database connect is within 3. So I have trouble bring up this AppServer with 4 databases ? I keep getting the 1175 error( Shared memory segments per process exceeded). I have changed the Kernal parameters to the max, but still nothing worked. My guess now is not on the system, but the database and this version of Progress. Any ideas ?
thanks for you help!

Gang.

OK - I think I can guess this one!

When you implemented the new machine you increased the memory available, and then increased the -B on each database.

The problem is that each process can only attach to 21 shared memory segments (or 11 if on AIX), and the shared memory segments are a maximum size defined by SHMMAX.

3 alternatives spring to mind.
1. Increase SHMMAX to at least 128MB. If it's already bigger than that then this will not work.
2. Change the model slightly and have multiple appservers - one for each database and connect the client to more than one appserver.
3. As a short term fix you could decrease the -B for the databases and this should allow this to go ahead.

Having had a quick scan of the Progress KBASE I see that there is kbase P27425 which may be relevant to you! Have a look at error # 1175 on the kbase