Actuate Reports Migration

ely panganiban

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project that requires us to migrate existing Actuate reports to a new Windows server. Currently, our setup is, the Actuate is being hosted in Windows 2003 server. The reports use Sybase and Oracle databases residing in different box or server.

Since my knowledge of Actuate is really minimal, I don't know how to start to process. How do I migrate the reports from the old to the new server? Actuate doesn't seem to have a Wizard or tool that prepares a deployment package similar to other applications like VB. Can I just simply copy the files from the old to the new server? and what are these files?

'hope to hear some advice from any Actuate experts out there..

Thank you very much in advance.

Peter Headland

Shut down the new iServer, copy the complete "encyc" folder from your old install to the new one, and start the server. It will automatically upgrade the database.

ely panganiban

Hi all,

I have copied the entire encyc folder to our new web server, but we can't understand why the Actuate report still connects to our old database server. I have already updated the file "dbconnection" - I believe this file contains the servername, user_id and password where Actuate report connects to. I updated this file (dbconnection) to contain the details of the new server, but still, the report connects to the old server. Is there any other file I need to update? Thank you.