Access Barcode

Roger01

Hi everybody!

I had been implementing barcode with MFG, using all the possible ways to make it:
weeding, batch and RF.

The last implementation was in Ratio Frecuency mode and it works well, but I made a little adjust to access a main program including the enviromental variables which have the initial programs in MFG (mf.p, mf1.p and mf1a.p).

This method works, but now I'm trying to make the access more "natural", I mean, I would like to access first to mf.p from the startup (-p mf.r), and then ejecute my program (i.e. bc.p); or access by a script which starts first MFG and after my program. Is evident when I stop my program, the application must exit all MFG, including the log off system by the user.

I explain an overview my actual implementation (works over HP-UX 11 progress 8.3b and MFG 85g):

1) I change my startup : -p mf.r by programx.r, and the .profile by user is changed to access directly my configuration instead MFG (startup normal).
2) Programx.p contains a subprograms which has all the enviromental variables (i.e. global_userid, languaje, databases, and so on)
3) At this moment, when I had started the enviromental of MFG, I execute my routines, and have te control by keyfunctions to detect when leave the process (or any failure) and exit totally from the system when really finish.

I did get access by natural way (the normal method), first MFG and then my program, but something is wrong due the program loops and don't allow me to have control over it (stay in MFG and must down my sesion by proshut, and kill process).

If anyone has an idea I really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Rogelio Leal C.

Rserrano

Que tal Rogelio:

I did pretty much the same, I only keep it simpler, the RF terminals we are using do a very good terminal emulation so every character and funtion key woks very well (symbol terminals running vt100 emulation).

So all I did was a small simple program who makes cim loads to standard mfg-pro programs (issues and receipts mainly), you can log in as in a standard terminal typing username and password and the menu option of the desired program, or as I did , give a small card to the user with the username, password and program menu in bar code. All they have to do to log in is scan the card and they are ready to go.

I Hope it helps.

Saludos desde Zacatlan Puebla.

Raúl Serrano