11.4 Using statement assistance enhancement request

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

ujj1

New in 11.4, PDS, has some nice options to auto add the using statement. It will really improve our productivity when writing OO ABL/.net code in PDS. One thing though which would be a nice subsequent enhancement is to give us a bit more control over when to add the using statement. One example is if I'm in an include file I may not want to add the using statement because the include file could be included after executable code. Example: some.p will have a compile error because the using statement in the .i is after the def var statement in some.p. some.p: def var someVar as character no-undo init ?. {SomeInclude.i} SomeInclude.i: using APackage.SomeABLClass. procedure inc-hello: define variable obj as SomeABLClass no-undo. end. One idea would be to add a new setting under Window - Preferences - Progress OpenEdge - Advanced - USING Statements. "Add using statement in include files if automatically adding using statements". Another idea would be to have a list of file extensions that the auto add using statements apply to.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.