!! Forum Error Reading Threads

B

B Metelits

For the past 48 hours I have been unable to read threads returned from a search. I enter search criteria. The list of matching threads comes up. I click on a thread and see a page full of messages like this --->

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 19 in /usr/local/apache/sites/progresstalk.com/htdocs/forums/admin/functions.php on line 266

So....What's Up!?

I just tried to duplicate this problem myself but couldn't, the search seemed to work fine for me. However, I did just restart Apache on the server just in case, please feel free to try this again and let me know if you still have problems.

Still Broken

Chris,
Thanks for replying. Yes, it is still happening.

Try a new search.
For search criteria enter: odbc and unix and *trig*
Leave everything else as-is. Click Perform Search.
I get 9 results.
Click on any of the subjects under the Thread column.

Something interesting about this is that when pointing to the subject of under the Thread column, I can see the full URL that will be jumped to if I click. The arguments on that URL include my search criteria: odbc and unix and *trig*. I would have thought that the argument should be an index to that thread.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Ahhh looks like you found a bug with the "highlight" function for the search engine, and using wildcard characters. I will report this to the vBulletin developers that can hopefully fix this problem soon.

As a workaround, after you click on the thread you want to go to, remove the last part from the URL.... for your example, remove "&highlight=odbc+and+unix+and+%2Atrig%2A" from the URL that you click on, then it will work and you can see the thread.

Back